News and Announcements
Each World Schools Championship brings together young students from all over the globe, providing them with an enriching lifetime experience in both sport competitions and multicultural exchanges.
The Gymnasiade School Summer Games 2018 takes place in Morocco.
- 18 sports.
- 10 World Schools Championships per year.
- 10,000 participants per year.
- 3-7 days of competitions.
Congratulations to Sam Osbourne and Caitlin Hubbard on being selected to swim for English Schools Swimming Association at the 2018 event in Marrakesh from 2nd to 9th May 2018. The competition for swimming will take place in Casablanca.
- 50m Butterfly and achieved 11th place (0:29.01)
- 100m Butterfly and achieved 3rd place (1:02.74)
- 200m Butterfly and achieved 2nd place (2:16.82)
- 200m Backstroke and achieved 2nd place (2:16.19)
- 4 × 100m Medley and the team achieved 4th place (4:19.61)
- 400m Freestyle and achieved 2nd place (3:59.19)
- 4 × 100m Freestyle and the team achieved 3rd place (3:33.75)
The County Pathway is aimed at developing the best 11-year-old swimmers from the County Championships and is the start of the journey on the British Swimming, Elite Swimmer Development Programme. The Programme consists of a series of pool technique sessions, parent and swimmer workshops and land training all focused on refining skills, technique and general awareness to support the athletes improve all round performance.
Good News the following have been selected to attend the 3 pathway days in Warwick.
Coach : Jamie Fowler
- Aaron Glendall (Link Squad)
- Brooke Fisher (Link Squad)
- Carys Higgins (Development Squad)
- Isabel Mc Roberts (Link Squad)
- Luke Sargent (Link Squad)
- Poppy Couzens (Development Squad)
- Sam Kelly (Link Squad)
- Skye Henshaw (Development Squad)
- Will Viney (Link Squad)
The West Midland and East Midland Regions work together to hold the Midland Championships in Swimming.
City of Birmingham accepted entries by Squad are :
The schedules and qualifying times for the West Midland Swimming Championships 2018:
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018) will welcome more than 6,600 athletes and team officials from 71 Commonwealth nations and territories to the Gold Coast and event cities Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville, to share in the celebration of sport, entertainment and culture. The largest sporting event to be staged in Australia this decade, GC2018 will feature the largest integrated sports program in Commonwealth Games history, comprising 18 sports and seven para-sports.
Click on a link below :
Beckenham Swimming Club have welcomed clubs from all over the country along with clubs from Ireland, Belgium and Spain! The event took place at the London Aquatics Centre. The COB Seniors, Juniors and Development squads all attended.
Over the 3 days of competitions we came away with the top visiting Club
We achieved :
- 43 Golds
- 40 Silver
- 30 Bronze